Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Military uniform shirt Diaper bag the start.... Crafts

I was asked by a friend the other week when she saw the diaper bag that I had made, if I thought I could take a BDU jacket and make a diaper bag for her. I told her to send me the shirt and I would do it! I think I am off to a pretty good start considering I had no pattern, no IRL example, and have never done one before.

Here is the front, both pockets are fully functioning.
IMG_7017

This is the back, it is just a flat panel
IMG_7018

The sides and bottom are made from the sleeves, to incorporate the stripes. IMG_7019

Inside, side one, pockets fully functioning and still button shut. the sides and bottom of the inside as well as one side of the handle are the plaid fabric, as there was not enough DBU fabric in the shirt to make these with it.
IMG_7020

Opposite inside, I took the remaining fabric and made a four pocket section
IMG_7021

Tomorrow I will take it to the embroiderer and get Logan's name put on it above his daddy's. Will post pictures when I have it completely done!

No comments: