Thursday, July 28, 2011

Air Force Uniform Diaper Bag

A good friend of ours from when we lived in the UK, saw my other diaper bags that I have been making for various people and asked if I would make her one. Then the baby's daddy asked her if I thought I could use his uniform to make the bag. I told her I could sure try. Here is the results:
Outside front, I used the top pockets to do the front of the bag.
IMG_7356
Outside front with handle showing the opposite side so you can see the fabric, I used part of the sleeves to make the handle, then lined it with contrasting fabric.
IMG_7357
The other side of the handle, this is a picture from before it was embroidered, and sewn together.
IMG_7018
Side of the diaper bag, I used the other part of the sleeves to make the outside sides and bottom of the bag
IMG_7358
The other side
IMG_7359
The one inside pocket, again I used part of the sleeve to make the pocket, the inner liner is made from the back of the uniform shirt.
IMG_7360
This is the other side of the inside liner. I used the front of the uniform shirt/bottom pockets to make this side. The pockets are both still fully functional, and still will button shut.
IMG_7361
I made this from my own pattern, and kind of winged it as I went along. Total cost with Embroidery of the child's name $30. 

No comments: